Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My First Valentine


35.  My sweet, sweet mother put together wonderful memory scrapbooks for 
my siblings and I this past year. 
It was amazing how she saved so many 
precious pieces of memorabilia from each of our lives: 
school papers, baby bracelets, certificates, Christmas wish lists,
notes we wrote to her and of course photographs.  I spent the other 
day just paging through this wonderful treasure of my life memories.  
And I came across my very first Valentine!  I was only one years old! 
 It was sent to me by my maternal Aunts, Grandmother and Grandfather.  
Inside it says, "Because you're such a darling tot, So cute in every way.
Everyone will want you for a Valentine today"
and then they each signed it!

Isn't this the sweetest thing?

I realized this card is vintage now...February 1961.  Does that make me vintage?  

Happy Valentine's Day to each of you!  
I hope you each have a sweet day filled with lots of love and goodies!
And...Happy Birthday to my dear sister! 

"I've fallen in love many times...
always with you."
~Author Unknown <3

4 comments:

Liesa George said...

Hello Lilly. First of all, I love your name! One of our sweet couples at church had a baby girl Jan. 2. They named her Lilie Katelyn. Such a pretty name for a pretty lady I'm sure! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I'm glad you found me too; that way I found you! I looked at your blog and I adore the doilies!!! My grandmother and great aunt made me several and I cherish them all. I have them throughout my house. I've tried to crochet, but just can't get the hang of it. I love to cross stitch though. I look forward to getting to know you. I'd love to hear more about your life as a preachers wife and more about your church, etc.
My email is slnc4g@nexband.com.
Thanks again. So nice to meet you.

Raggedy Girl said...

Oh Lilly:
If you are vintage then I must be pre-historic!
Roberta Anne

BECKY said...

So very cute, Lilly!! Hey did you see my post with the heart pins? Lots of nice comments!!

Thanks for sharing this precious piece of Lilly history!!

Sweet Blessings,
Becky

Esther said...

One of the first things I do every day is log on to your blog. You just have a way with words, and I love the pictures, too. Thank you for the birthday greetings. I received the b-day card and the envelope was sealed. We are going out to eat again, probably Italian. February is just one continuous month of celebrating! Love you bunches.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin