Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cookies Galore!


18.   Christmas in my house, growing up, was an exciting time.  My mother loved to bake and cook and often had many a  family favorite recipe cooking on the stove or baking in the oven .  My father would buy a 25 lb bag of flour and my mom would take a day or two and from morning till night, would bake and create wonderful sweet delights for our family.  She not only made cookies, but is an excellent bread baker.  Her Polish poppyseed and nut rolls were always a highlight and still are.  I would always find my way to the kitchen when she was baking...I would be tasting dough, begging to help, wanting to make my own baked creation, licking the beaters, sneaking cookies from the drying rack.  How sentimental I am when it comes to reminiscing of our families food traditions.

When I married and started my own traditions...I continued with the baking marathon. This past week my daughters and I made about 12 different types of cookies, some tried and true favorites and I always like to make a few new recipes each year. 

Here are a few pictures to enjoy.



"...while visions of sugarplums danced in their heads..."

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin