Friday, April 17, 2009

Thyme Honey Glazed Ham


68. Easter Dinner is always one of my favorite meals. This year we stayed close to home and prepared an easy delicious meal with trimmings. I went online and found several yummy recipes and they were all very pleasing. My centerpiece was a flower scape with grass and mini daffodils.

We made a scrumptious baked ham and used
the "Thyme Honey Glazed Ham" recipe and it turned out beautifully.
Instead of mashed potatoes and gravy, I made "Scalloped Sour Cream Potato Bake",
Ham gravy is so very salty and I never seem to enjoy it.

My mother told me that the Polish always have beets and horseradish with their Easter meal so for color I served Buttered Asparagus and Beets. I found several recipes for beets but didn't like all the extras that were added...a cooked, buttered, beet is one of the most delightful flavors of childhood for me.
Horseradish and pickles on the side, to be Polish.
And Brioche with butter...now that is French...oh well.
Dinner was so delicious...I wanted it to last for hours and hours.
For dessert we had coffee, savored
and Polish Easter Bread. And, played several rounds of "Dutch Blitz"
(..are you practicing K?)
We enjoyed a restful day, besides my tumble onto the kitchen floor with hot asparagus tossed up in the air! Yes, I slipped and fell on a patch of water...from the ice cube our dog was eating...slipped with a pot of hot asparagus I was taking to the sink to drain and landed on the floor. My family thought I passed out...I was just mad the asparagus was on the floor!!! But, I'm ok...a little sore...and shook up...but ok. No more ice cubes for the dog!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference."
~Winston Churchill

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin