Monday, November 24, 2008

Few Of My Favorite Things...


4. We've all heard the song at Christmas time reminding us of the artist's favorite things..."raindrops on roses...bright colored packages tied up with string, These are a few of my favorite things." (Are you singing along yet?) So I just wanted to hear what makes your lips curl up and your eyes light up. "favorite things"

homemade cookies

dusk, when the sky turns pink

my daughters singing

china teacups

light shining through a glass

bittersweet

doilies and lace

espresso

the crust of a pie

a cherry

my dog's curls & soft spots

coffee beans

old books

how the ocean edge is different with every tide

the pop of canning jars sealing

tassels

...These are a few of my favorite things...and you?

“The best moments in reading are when you come across something – a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things – that you’d thought special, particular to you. And here it is, set down by someone else, a person you’ve never met, maybe even someone long dead. And it’s as if a hand has come out, and taken yours.”
~The History Boys

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin