Friday, April 26, 2019

Pear Raspberry Almond Crostata

364.  This my friends is a beautiful fresh Pear and Raspberry Almond Crostata or Galette as the Italians might call it.  Seems  a Crostata and Galette are the same only one is French and the other Italian.  It is simply a free-form open face pie with dough edges that fold up around the filling.  It can be both savory or sweet.
With fresh pears and red raspberries as a perfect combination, this recipe came together fairly easy.  I made half a pie crust with spelt flour, cut in half and then in slices 2 pears and one small container of the little red beauties.  I also used 1/4 cup of almond paste cut up.

This delightful dessert came together quickly and was very satisfying.  The almond paste gave an added depth of flavor.
 




To save recipe select, drag and drop onto desk top or select and print from smart phone
 You could use any fruit you would like or choose to use cheese and a vegetable such as asparagus, zucchini, peppers or tomato.

"Cut my pie into four pieces, I don't think I could eat eight."  ~Yogi Berra

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin