Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Lemon Lime Meringue Pie

361.  Spring desserts usually include fresh fruits, meringue, whip cream and frozen fruity delights.  My Easter dessert menu included this light, tangy Lemon Lime Meringue Pie.  It was so surprisingly delicious and mouthwatering.  It was a slow process but what a pie!
To save recipe select, drag and drop onto desktop or select and print from smart phone.
I used fresh lemons and limes but I'm sure you could use bottled juice.  It would be similar but the taste may be altered a bit.
My kitchen smelled so wonderful!
 I made my pie the night before and then added the meringue the next day.  And I loved the fact that the filling was not watery the next day like most recipes for lemon pie.
 I transferred the pie from the removable bottom and sides and placed it on a cake pedestal.
 Next, I whipped the meringue and made decorative markings in the meringue and toasted the top.
Our Easter dessert menu was so amazing with Lemon Lime Meringue Pie, Coconut Almond Macaroons, Peanut Butter Cream Pie and Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.  The time and process was time consuming but it was well worth every moment.
" But if they were afraid of lemon meringue pie, this would be an irrational fear, because lemon meringue pie is delicious and has never hurt a soul."  
~Lemony Snicket,  The Wide Window

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin