Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Italian Wedding Soup


133. Rain was pouring down, with winds up to 40mph, while I was snug in the house. What a great day for soup! Chicken soup, but not just any chicken soup, Italian Wedding Soup. This is one of my favorite meals to make and my family is always happy to come to the table.
My recipe came from an old cookbook that I got my Old Country Kolachi from. A dear lady from Youngstown, Ohio shared this recipe. It is so very simple but includes a variety of steps.
The meatball should be made a little bit larger than a marble.
In a large frying pan brown the meatballs.
Transfer the mini meatballs into the large soup pot.
Prepare the crouton ingredients.
The consistency will be similar to corn bread batter.
I line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
Serve along with the soup on the side.
You can also have a bowl of freshly grated parmesan or Romano cheese to sprinkle on top.
This soup is great to use as a first course for special occasions or for any reason!

"In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy."
~William Blake

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin