Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Apple Raisin Pie


101. I have a tremendous love for my daughter's Apple Raisin Pie! She is quite the Pie Artist!
Could it be her secret ingredient is love? It is simple and basic...but isn't that the point? Aren't the best recipes and foods we love, made of the most basic ingredients?
Crust for a 9" double crust pie.
Fill crust with your favorite apple filling and add raisins for a wonderful change.

"Good Apple Pies are a considerable part of our domestic happiness."
~ Jane Austen

4 comments:

Shauna said...

That looks good. The pie is pretty too. When I make homemade crust it's so ugly!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Hmmm... and here I am heading out to buy apples. Coincidence? I think not!

I am so sorry you lost your mom's Hoosier in a flood. We used to live along a river, and one year had a flooded basement -- lost ALL our Christmas decor, including the precious little things our girls had made thru the years.

I am going to try and get everything settled in the house -- bringing the Hoosier in (it had been in my daughter's college apartment for a couple of years) makes it tougher. . . but I'll figure it out I hope!

thanks for visiting!
Cass

Esther said...

The pies look like a work of art! Em's piecrust is the best I have tasted, and now that you shared her recipe, I must make a pie.

Kate said...

Beautiful pies! I love it when the apples come in and it is time for the wonderful aroma of pie in the oven to waft through the house!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin