Thursday, September 17, 2020

Vanilla Cake with Buttercream



400.  And for my next trick 🍰a soft, moist, deliciously amazing Vanilla Cake with Buttercream.  Over the years I have made many cakes, tried dozens of recipes and was never very happy with the way my vanilla cakes would turn out.  It seemed they would be too sweet, dry out too quickly, be too crumbly or just not be an A+.  In my endless search, I found this recipe.  I can not take credit but can direct you to the link.  I have to say...THIS IS a delicious vanilla cake.

I made this cake for my daughter's 22nd Birthday and it was a hit.

I baked the batter in a large sheet pan and then cut out 5 layer circles from the baked cake.  Doubling the buttercream recipe was important for the extra layers.  In the center layer, I placed boysenberry filling that I made from boysenberries picked this summer.  Then I boiled the berries in a small saucepan with 1/4 cup water and 1 cup sugar till berries fall apart.  Then strained them to remove the seeds and ultimately added back into the sauce a few spoonfuls of seeds but not every seed...because we like them.  Next I added a corn starch slurry to thicken the sauce.  I cooled it and then placed the sauce in the center on the third layer.
The process was perfection...the cake baked so well and the buttercream was the best I have ever worked with!
I decorated the sides roughly with strokes of butter cream and then added golden flakes to one side.
What a wonderful experience and so rewarding!  Not to mention the taste...So Good!
Here is the link to the recipe for this amazing Vanilla Cake with Buttercream!  
I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if you're short on time and cost conscious.  You just need to cook clever and get creative!
~ Nagi of RecipeTin Eats

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin