Friday, December 28, 2018

Lemon Curd


352.  Lemon Season is Here!
I am in awe seeing the beautiful lemons, grapefruit, limes and oranges hanging from trees everywhere!  It is a beautiful sight to see.  And all for the picking.
Since moving to California I am excited to learn new regional favorites.  On the east coast, oranges would come into season at Christmas and you would pick them up at the grocer or be gifted with a box from a loved one.  But in California, December thru March is citrus harvesting season!
My daughter brought a huge basket of oranges, grapefruits, limes and lemons that she picked from a friend's trees.

With so many lemons I had to get to work because you can only use so many lemon slices in your water.  So I decided to make Lemon Curd.
The aroma in my kitchen was Amazing!!
The rind on the lemons was soft and not thick and fleshy as I am use to.  And the tartness of the lemon juice was so sour I had to add additional sugar.  But OHHhh the flavor!
 In the saucepan the mixture began to resemble lemon pudding.
Here is the link to the original recipe from allrecipes,   Perfect Lemon Curd

And here is a convenient Recipe card for you


"I pride myself in figuring out how to elevate a dish with a little preserved lemon, or, then, a sprinkle of Maldon Salt."  ~ Meghan Markle


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin