Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Lemon Blueberry Poundcake & Pink for Baby Girl

339.  I't's a Girl!  was our theme for a Baby Shower recently.  The mom and dad love succulents so I went with a rustic romantic theme with pink being the dominant color.  I spray painted these little clothespins, pencils and also spray painted mason jars with pink and gold.  
Cut slices of wood and handmade doilies added rustic romantic to each centerpiece with pink roses, terra cotta pots and candles.  The doilies are my collection from my grandmother, mother and mother-in-law's handiwork.  
Our meal was lite and so perfect for a summer afternoon:  Chicken Salad on King Hawaiian's mini rolls, Fresh Fruit Parfaits, Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake recipe Here which was amazing! Veggies and Dip, Crackers and Cheese and Cream Puffs.
Our favors were White Chocolates in a Brazilian handmade rosette.
And a special gift I decided to encourage was for the ladies, who crochet or knit, to make a small square 4" X 4" in any design using the yarn I provide.  They had a month to make as many squares as they desired and then to return them to me for construction of a baby blanket.  There were 12 ladies that participated and each and every square was so unique.  Some were very elaborate and others were perfectly plain.  
 I did a crochet boarder around each square to make each square the same size then attached them together.  Lastly, placed a cozy flannel fabric on the back and using a blanket embroidery stitch to attach to the blanket with little picots every so often to keep the blanket attached to the fabric at the center and sides.
Each lady wrote her name on a card with a note to identify the squares they made. I then attached the card on their square with a ribbon that could easily be removed.
The blanket was beautiful and a great collaborative project!!  Of course matching the theme as well.
It was an enjoyable day celebrating a very special baby-on-the-way!  (But we won't mention when we went to pick up the cake and the bakery said we never order it...till I spoke with the manager, who I left the order with and he then remembered!!!...giving us a full sheet cake for free!)
"'Tis love that makes the world go round, my baby."
~ Charles Dickens

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin