Sunday, December 18, 2011

GingerBread Cheesecake Bites

248. I saw this recipe while on Pinterest one day and it looked delicious...so I bookmarked it for my Christmas baking.
I organized all my recipes and began to read the recipe on "Created By Diana" Blog for Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites. My dissapointment came when I read the ingredients: 1 30oz package Pillsbury Gingerbread Cookie Dough. Awe! really??? I can do better than that!
So, I went to work developing a gingerbread cookie dough that would be more like a crust and less of a ginger snap. And here is what I came up with:
GingerBread Cheesecake Bites

1 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup powder sugar
1 tsp molasses
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp clove
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/4 cup flour

4 oz cream cheese
2 cups powder sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix butter and powder sugar together and cream for 3 minutes. Add the molasses, spices and flour. Mix till dough comes together and forms ball.
Roll into 2 teaspoon size balls and place into a paper lined mini muffin pan. Make an indentation with a cookie press dipped in flour.

Mix the next ingredients together, cream cheese, powder sugar and vanilla, till smooth. Place in a piping bag. Pipe 1 teaspoon filling into each of the cookie cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes. Cream cheese filling will begin to rise. Then remove to a rack to cool. Store refrigerated in a sealed container.
The cookie dough is so delicious, it would make yummy gingerbread ball cookies too!




"Had I but a penny in the world, thou shouldst have it for gingerbread."
~William Shakespeare

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin