Thursday, May 27, 2010

Kitchen Remodel

158. I'm sure you are wondering why I haven't posted recently...it is because my kitchen looks like this!!!
We are having our kitchen remodeled and the kitchen is closed temporarily.
One of the best changes will be a new floor...this tile floor was very hard on my feet and ankles.
But the new ceiling is up and very soon I will be posting pictures of the finished product...I hope! I can't wait!

"Anyone that has ever had their kitchen done over
knows that it never, never gets done as soon as you wish it would."
~ Ronald Reagan

7 comments:

Julienne said...

Been there three times! Know exactly what it is like and how exciting it is when it is finished! Are you going to keep the floor boards? They are magnificent. Are they 6" wide or wider? The old wide boards always look sooooo beautiful!

Karen said...

I know what you are going through. I was in your shoes last November. What a mess! But oh so worth it!!
Can't wait to see your pictures. Take heart... all the dust and inconvenience will fade away with time.
Good luck!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

fearlesschef said...

Yay! I look forward to seeing the changes!

Lilly's Home said...

Thanks ladies!!!
I wish there were floor boards but once they pulled away the 2 sub-floors...there was nothing to salvage. =-( I really was hoping the original floor was hard wood like the rest of the house...but I will be happy with anything but ceramic tile!
Thanks for checking in...and stay tuned!
Lilly

cindy holman said...

This looks incredible! Hope you don't lose your mind in the process - we remodeled our kitchen when we first moved to this house about 8 years ago and WOW was it ever hard to be without a stove a fridge for 6 weeks!!!

hip chick said...

Oh boy! How exciting to have a new kitchen.

Carol at Serendipity said...

I have been there and it can be brutal but when you are done you will be so happy.

Carol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin