Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Whoopie Pies

145. Happy St. Patricks Day!
Today we celebrated with a yummy dinner and then baked up a couple batches of "Whoopie Pies" also called "Gobs" or "Moon Pies".
We made a batch of chocolate
and a batch of vanilla, which we colored green for St. Pats.
The recipe I used is from Epicurius and turned out so very good and buttery.

You can find the recipe here: "Whoopie Pies"
My daughter's school is having a fund raiser tomorrow. We thought the
Whoopie Pies would be a good seller.

"Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity."
~ Sean O'Casey

"A silent mouth is sweet to hear"
~ Old Irish Saying

7 comments:

Kim said...

These look so yummy, I seriously would like one right now! Fortunately, I have spaghetti sauce simmering...that'll hafta do :).

Melinda said...

I've always wanted to try whoopie Pies - these look yummy!

Hoosier Homemade said...

Those look yummy! I love how you added green to the vanilla ones. We love Whoopie Pies at our house too!
We would love for you to join in the Spring Blog Hop!
http://hoosierhomemade.com/spring-blog-hop-march-22-31/
~Liz

MySweetCreations said...

Those look seriously delicious, especially the cute green ones! Save one for me please! ;)

Sherry said...

Oh, what a great idea. They look so pretty.
Win Rachael Ray bake ware at my blog.
Thanks!
Sherry

Entertain Exchange said...

I am sure they were a hit at the fundraiser...they look yummy!

catsmum said...

I've occasionally wondered what a Moon Pie was ... we don't have them here and one would catch a reference on tv [ but the only one I can remember was Zander on an early Buffy ep ]
Is it sad that's still stuck in my brain ?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin