Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Treasures

122. The "treasures" I cherish at Christmas include pulling out old antique ornaments...
decorating our Christmas tree and then turning on the lights.
Remembering stories behind each ornament...when I received them, who gave them to me or what bargain I found.
I love to find old ornaments in a second hand store...and in their original box...that is the best!

And then, dressing up our little Santa Baby.
Searching for our fresh pine tree each year...
and the excitement and anticipation when we find it!
Then cutting it down...to reveal the age of the tree.
Christmas is filled with treasures to remember and hold dear. Good memories, delicious foods and of course, having your family around. Remembering our Savior who came to redeem us. He is the greatest treasure of all.

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. "
~Charles Dickens

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin