Monday, August 24, 2009

Blogging Friends


96. I've recently met several bloggers with fantastic blogs! It is amazing how many beautiful women there are out there! These new friends are happy with life, love their families, enjoy a good adventure and share common interests. But mostly, they are great "encouragers". Though you may never meet them in person, once you read through their daily writings and view their beautiful pictures, you feel like you've known them forever. And what a great sense of "family" to know they have stopped by to visit. They share their joys and their pains...and invite you to come along side to laugh, experiment with cooking *smile* or to pray. Thank you ladies for opening your hearts and homes!
Just check out Cuisine Kathleen, Holiday In The Sun, Cafe Lynnlu, or Sweetnothingsbj, and you will enjoy the beauty and talent these ladies have!
When I read this survey on Tuesdays with Dorie's blog, I had to try it myself. Rarely do I complete surveys until I came across this survey and loved it. So here goes:

1. When did you start baking?
I started baking in 7th grade...although I was always under my sweet mothers
feet as she baked. Can I bake too? Can I roll the dough? Can I decorate the cookies...

2. What is your favorite kitchen tool?
Do you have to have just one? My Pampered Chef cookie scoop, nutmeg grater,
lemon-orange-lime squeezer gadgets, Pampered Chef measuring cup, etc.....
3. What is your favorite blog to read?
" I could no sooner choose a favorite star in the heavens"

4. What has been your favorite recipe from another blog, so far?
Has to be "The Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Sheet Cake" but there are so many more!

5. What recipe has been a dud for you?
The Queen Martha "Almond Pear Tart"...auuugghhh. It had a soupy
consistency with a grainy feeling from the ground almonds and the rum flavor just didn't jive with the almonds. Yuk!
6. What recipe are you dying to make?
"Paella" When I saw the Paella Throwdown with Bobby Flay...I just have to try it!

7. If you could live anywhere else in the world, for a year, where would it be?
Somewhere in Europe...Italy, Germany, Poland...

8. If you knew you could try anything and not fail (and money was no object),
what would it be?
To open my own Bed and Breakfast, in a large Victorian home by the ocean, with a small Bakery Shoppe =-)
9. If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
To be "Speedy-Fast"...there is so much to do and so little time.

10. If you had a day all to yourself, what would you do?
Sleep in, read all day, call a friend, bake, shop in an old used books store, watch a movie with my honey, visit family, blog all day, sit on the beach!

11. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
Pigs feet...I don't want to talk about it!

12. What kitchen tool would you purchase if money were no object?
Does a Viking Professional Custom 48" Pro-Style Gas Range with 4 Burners, Convection Oven, Bake Oven, Griddle/Simmer Plate and Char-Grill Infrared Broiler count as a kitchen
tool?

13. Give three adjectives to describe yourself:
Creative
Loving
Busy

14. What spice do you use over and over?
Cinnamon

15. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A pastor's wife, Veterinarian, Designer, Artist, Baker, Beautician...

" A friend is one to whom one may pour out
all the contents of one's heart, chaff and grain together,
knowing that the gentlest of hands will take and sift it,
keep what is worth keeping and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away."
- Arabian Proverb

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin