Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Irish Soda Bread & Citrus Honey Butter

357. Its March and Irish Soda Bread can be found in every grocery store, bakery and Instagram post.  So I received this email from King Arthur Bread Co and they featured an Irish Soda Bread.  I have tried many different recipes in the past but have never settled on one favorite.  So, I put this recipe to the test.  They claimed it was closest to an authentic Irish Soda Bread.  It was delicious and the aroma was intoxicating!
You can find the recipe link Here .  But, I made a convenient recipe cards for you to print out.
                     To save recipe select, drag and drop onto your desktop.  Print as a photo.


I mixed the dough in a large bowl and used my hands for the process.  Just prepped everything ahead.  The dough was stickier than the recipe described but I did not add anything to change the texture.  I baked it in a 9" round cast iron pan.  Because cast iron bakes hotter I adjusted the baking time 
to 35 minutes but could have baked for 30 minutes.  It was a bit dry but the taste and texture were lovely.
I served the bread with butter, honey, lemon curd and made a mixture of Orange Honey Butter.

This is a recipe I will be returning to.  Thanks King Arthur Flour Co. for developing a beautiful Irish Soda Bread.

"Cooking and Baking is both physical and mental therapy."  ~ Mary Berry




LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin