Saturday, December 26, 2015

Gorgonzola Beef Wellingtons

309.  Christmas Dinner, just the thought brings great joy, delight and all sorts of imaginable delicious memories.  Our Christmas Dinner will be very memorable this year. While searching for the perfect main dish, I came across a recipe for individual Beef Wellingtons.  It was in a specialty Christmas Edition of Taste of Home recipes.  The recipe can be found here http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/gorgonzola-beef-wellingtons

The individual steaks were perfect.
I made a change to the recipe and added bacon rendering to the pan instead of butter.  It added a depth of flavor.

The recipe was very easy to follow and ingredients easy to acquire.

I made sure the meat was chilled and the mushrooms room temperature so as not to melt the puff pastry.

Each package was a perfect size for an individual portion.

Simply delightful...

And decorating could be done any way you choose.

They were a show stopper.  And I garnished the platter with fresh thyme from my herb garden.

The 30 minutes was a bit too long and I pulled the wellington's out of the oven after 25 minutes.

Served with fresh brussel sprouts with crumbled bacon and garlic smashed potatoes with sour cream.
"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year long."~Charles Dickens


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin