292. A soft decadent cookie which is more like candy than cookie. This recipe is memorable.
Caramel Frosted Banana Drops
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (1 large) mashed banana
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 3 tablespoons milk
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter until light and fluffy. Add banana and 2 teaspoons vanilla; blend well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Stir in flour and salt; mix well. Stir in walnuts. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350°F. for 9 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool completely
In small saucepan, combine 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup butter. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring constantly.
Cool slightly. Stir in powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and enough milk for desired spreading consistency.
Frost cooled cookies and then indulge!
"Intellectual property has the shelf life of a banana."
~ Bill Gates