Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Acorn Dough Nuts

242. Each week I teach a class for 3rd, 4th and 5th Grade girls. And, each week I provide a craft for these lovely girls. They always love edible crafts...and so do I. So we made these adorable Acorn Dough Nuts from Family Fun Recipes.

Family Fun has some of the cutest ideas, always useful and very helpful.

Acorn Dough Nuts
from Family Fun Magazine

Donut Holes
Chocolate Frosting or Peanut Butter
Crumbled Toffee
Pretzels

Frost a third of a plain or glazed doughnut hole with frosting or peanut butter.
Roll the frosted top in crumbled toffee. Then add a small piece of a pretzel for the stem.
I purchased a 25 count box of Glazed and White Cake Munchkins.
I provided caramel and peanut butter for the topping and mini chocolate chips and orange sprinkles. I thought the frosting would be too sweet.
The girls loved it and were so proud to pose with their sweet, yummy Acorn Dough Nuts!
This was a very fun and easy craft!

"The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin