Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Reeses Chocolate Cream Pie

210. If it starts with "Reeses", you know it's sure to please!
I love to make cream pies, of course because they are delicious but also the ease of preparation. Although I don't mind the long baking process, sometimes you just want something sweet, and delicious, as soon as possible.
This pie is made in the same process as my Peanut Butter Cream Pie
(recipe here) but I used chocolate pudding instead of vanilla.
The extra touch is a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup cut up.
I sprinkle my peanut butter crumbs on the bottom of the pie crust while it is still hot. My daughter asked me where the crumbs came from. I told her they were made by fairies. It's fairy dust!
Chocolate pudding has a very different texture than vanilla but it works very well. Pour the hot chocolate pudding over the crumbs. You could chop up extra Reeses Peanut Butter cups and sprinkle them over the pudding at this step.
I place cellophane over the pie and place it in the fridge for at least 3 hours or over night.
Finish with fluffy whipped cream piled high. Place the cut up peanut butter cup
on the top of the pie. Sprinkle the extra "fairy dust" over the pie and then drizzle with chocolate sauce.

"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Lucy ~ Peanuts by Charles M. Schulz

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin